Drive through some of the most beautiful scenery in Scotland through to Inveraray .
Inveraray has it all; loch-side scenery, history and heritage, castles and cuteness. A bustling town by day, it paints such a pretty picture, with its charming architecture and instantly recognisable black and white facades. Encased in striking greenery on the shores of Loch Fyne, the setting is more than just a wee bit special. Loch Fyne, which is famed for its oysters and seafood delights, is the longest sea loch in Scotland, and is it seriously beautiful. The town sits in the heart of Argyll, the home of Clan Campbell, who have been living in the area since the 13th century. Its easy to spend a picture perfect day in this Scottish gem.
Inveraray Jail Add On
Step back in time to a 19thC prison at the Inveraray Jail.
Step through the doors of Inverary Jail and step back in time to a 19th – century prison. Experience what real life was like for real men, women and children – some as young as seven – who were tried and locked up here. Explore the atmospheric historic buildings at your leisure and meet the costumed characters who animate the past in this unique living museum.
Dates: Saturday 30th May 2020
Location: Argyll and Bute
Departure: Includes return coach from Thorne Travel in Kilwinning, Irvine Townhouse, Kilmarnock Queens Drive and Ardrossan Civic Centre
Price: Only £22 per person
Inverary Jail Add on: Adult – £11, Child – £7, Senior – £9
Deposit: £5 per person deposit
Balance due date: Friday 1st May 2020
- 8.45am – Coach departs Ardrossan Civic Centre
- 9am – Coach departs Thorne Travel Kilwinning
- 9.15am – Coach departs Irvine Cross
- 9.30am – Coach departs Kimarnock Queens Drive
- 11.30am – Approx arrive at Inveraray
- 4pm – Depart Inveraray for return journey
- 6pm – Approx arrival Kilmarnock
- 6.15pm – Approx arrival Irvine
- 6.30pm – Approx arrival Kilwinning
- 6.45pm – Approx arrival Ardrossan