The Jacobite steam train, hailed as the greatest railway journey in the world has received true acclaim from some of the world’s leading publishers.
First travel up to Fort William and stop for lunch when you arrive there (lunch not included), then you will board the Jacobite Steam train which is the Hogwarts Express Styled Train used in The Harry Potter Films where you will experience a rail journey described as one of the great journeys of the world this 84 mile round trip takes you past a list of impressive extremes.
Starting near the highest mountain in Britain, Ben Nevis, it visits Britain’s most westerly mainland railway station, Arisaig; passes close by the deepest freshwater loch in Britain, Loch Morar and the shortest river in Britain, River Morar, finally arriving next to the deepest seawater loch in Europe, Loch Nevis!
Dates: Sunday 1st September 2019
Location: Fort William and beyond!
Departure: Included return coach from Thorne Travel Kilwinning, Beith bus stop on Reform Street (opposite Bellman’s Close) and Ardrossan Civic Centre
Price: Only £85 per adult & £49 per child (aged 12 or under)
Deposit: Deposit of £20 per person
Balance due date: Thursday 1st August 2019
- 8.45am – Ardrossan Civic Centre pick up
- 9am – Kilwinning Thorne Travel pick up
- 9.20am – Beith bus stop on Reform Street (opposite Bellman’s Close) pick up
- 12.30pm – Coach arrives at Fort William
- 2.30pm – Steam train departs Fort William
- 4.30pm – Steam Train arrives in to Mallaig
- 6.40pm – Steam Train Departs Mallaig
- 8.30pm – Steam Train arrives in to Fort William & Coach departs
- 11.10 – Approx arrival back to Beith
- 11.30pm – Arrive back in Kilwinning
- 11.45pm – Arrive back in Ardrossan
*Terms & conditions apply