The Jacobite steam train is a popular unmissable journey for all ages and a highly rated day trip!
Start this day by joining the coach to travel up to Fort William and stop for lunch when you arrive there (lunch not included), then you will board the famous Jacobite Steam train which is the Hogwarts Express Styled Train used in The Harry Potter Films where you will experience a rail journey described as one of the great journeys of the world this trip takes you past a list of impressive extremes.
Once in Mallaig we travel via boat out to Green Island on the Knoydart Peninsular where you will see seals relaxing on the rocks. The waters are frequently visited by a variety of birds, porpoises, dolphins, whales and basking sharks.
Dates: Monday 25th May 2020 (Fully Booked), Saturday 27th June 2020 (Fully Booked), Monday 29th June 2020, Saturday 29th August 2020 & Friday 11th September 2020
Location: Fort William & Knoydart Peninsular
Departure: Included return coach from Kilwinning Thorne Travel, Kilmarnock Queens Drive & Ardrossan Civic Centre
Price: Only £89 per adult & £54 per child (aged 12 or under)
Deposit: Deposit of £5 per person
Balance due date: 23rd March 2020 (May date), 25th April 2020 (June dates), 10th July 2020 (August & September date)
- 8.45am – Pick up at Ardrossan, Civic Centre
- 9am – Pick up at Thorne Travel, Kilwinning
- 9.20am – Pick up at Kilmarnock, Queens Drive
- 12.30pm – Coach arrives at Fort William
- 2.30pm – Steam train departs Fort William
- 4.30pm – Steam Train arrives in to Mallaig
- 5pm – Join the boat for a trip to Green Island on the Knoydart Peninsular
- 6pm – Boat trip returns
- 7pm – Coach departs for return journey
- 10.10pm – Approx arrival back to Kilmarnock
- 10.30pm – Approx arrival back to Kilwinning
- 10.45pm – Approx arrival back to Ardrossan