The Jacobite steam train is a popular unmissable journey for all ages and a highly rated day trip!
Start this day by joining the coach to travel up to Fort William and stop for lunch when you arrive there (lunch not included), then you will board the famous Jacobite Steam train which is the Hogwarts Express Styled Train used in The Harry Potter Films where you will experience a rail journey described as one of the great journeys of the world this trip takes you past a list of impressive extremes.
Starting near the highest mountain in Britain, Ben Nevis, it visits Britain’s most westerly mainland railway station, Arisaig; passes close by the deepest freshwater loch in Britain, Loch Morar and the shortest river in Britain, River Morar, finally arriving next to the deepest seawater loch in Europe, Loch Nevis!
Dates: Saturday 15th May 2021 (fully booked), Saturday 19th June 2021 (fully booked), Friday 9th July 2021, Friday 6th August 2021
Location: Fort William & Knoydart Peninsular
Departure: Included return coach from Kilwinning Thorne Travel, Kilmarnock Queens Drive & Ardrossan Civic Centre
Price: Only £89 per adult & £54 per child (aged 12 or under)
Deposit: Full Payment due for booking
- 8.45am – Pick up at Ardrossan, Civic Centre
- 9am – Pick up at Thorne Travel, Kilwinning
- 9.20am – Pick up at Kilmarnock, Queens Drive
- 12.30pm – Coach arrives at Fort William
- 2.30pm – Steam train departs Fort William
- 4.30pm – Steam Train arrives in to Mallaig
- Enjoy some free-time exploring Mallaig
- 7pm – Coach departs for return journey
- 10.10pm – Approx arrival back to Kilmarnock
- 10.30pm – Approx arrival back to Kilwinning
- 10.45pm – Approx arrival back to Ardrossan