The Jacobite steam train, hailed as the greatest railway journey in the world has received true acclaim from some of the world’s leading publishers.
First travel up to Fort William and stop for lunch when you arrive there (lunch not included), then you will board the Jacobite Steam train which is the Hogwarts Express Styled Train used in The Harry Potter Films where you will experience a rail journey described as one of the great journeys of the world this 84 mile round trip takes you past a list of impressive extremes.
Starting near the highest mountain in Britain, Ben Nevis, it visits Britain’s most westerly mainland railway station, Arisaig; passes close by the deepest freshwater loch in Britain, Loch Morar and the shortest river in Britain, River Morar, finally arriving next to the deepest seawater loch in Europe, Loch Nevis!
Dates: 4th August 2019
Location: Fort William and beyond!
Departure: Included return coach from Kilwinning and Kilmarnock
Price: Only £85 per adult & £49 per child (aged 12 or under)
Deposit: Deposit of £20 per person
Balance due date: May date balance due 18th March 2019, August date balance due 9th June 2019
- 9am – Meet at Thorne Travel, Kilwinning for and coach departs
- 9.20am – Kilmarnock pick-up
- 12.30pm – Coach arrives at Fort William
- 2.30pm – Steam train departs Fort William
- 4.30pm – Steam Train arrives in to Mallaig
- 6.40pm – Steam Train Departs Mallaig
- 8.30pm – Steam Train arrives in to Fort William & Coach departs to return to Kilwinning and Kilmarnock
- 11.10 – Approx arrival back to Kilmarnock
- 11.30pm – Arrive back in Kilwinning